Madame Tussauds, Bangkok, is one of the most sought-after attractions among tourists as it offers a whole new experience of touching the wax replicas of your favorite personalities. Taking the tour of the museum, you will come across the wax structures of Albert Einstein, Barack Obama, Tom Cruise, and many eminent figures. It has got a number of exhibition halls showcasing the sheer workmanship of the creators on about 70 figures.
The breathtaking accuracy to give these figures a larger-than-life image will certainly wave your mind. There is a specially decorated room among the 8 themed zones where you will come across the royal era. Strike a pose with your role model to just make some everlasting memories and make your Instagram family jealous.
During your visit, you can also learn more about Madame Tussaud herself who happens to be the creator of the very first wax figure of the great French writer Voltaire.
Discover the World of Famous Fun Madame Tussauds, Bangkok
Last but not the least, you should indulge in the unique 4D screening of an Ice Age Short Film.
Why Visit This Museum?
There are plenty of reasons why Madame Tussauds Bangkok is a must-visit.
1. Unique Location
Madame Tussauds wax museum is always on the list of the top tourist places to visit in Bangkok not only because of its popularity but also because of its prime location. The museum is situated in the Siam Discovery Centre which is also a number of attractions in the city.
2. Famous Wax Models
Madame Tussauds Museum Bangkok is no different from its siblings in many places in the world but this museum breaks the barrier and is home to figures of many local and international personalities.
Around 30% of the wax figures displayed in the museum are dedicated to the native Thai people who have been able to make a mark in the lives of many. The museum is categorized into a number of themed exhibition halls that display figures according to the theme. Every single themed hall has got its unique elements and is completely different from others.
3. Showcase Of Every Category
The Madame Tussauds Wax Museum has got 8 themed displays that take you through some of your favorite sports stars, actors, TV stars, political leaders, and many more. You will come across the wax figures of Barack Obama. Queen Elizabeth II, Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, Wolverine – Hugh Jackman to name a few.
The exhibition halls are also dedicated to some popular Thai personalities like Luang Vichit Vadakan, M.R. Seni Pramoj, Field Marshal P. Pibulsonggram, Buddhasa Bhikkhu, M.R. Kukrit Pramoj, and more.
4. Unique Feature
The unique feature of the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum Bangkok is that the wax models are not displayed inside a glass box which lets tourists touch and feel your most-loved personalities. The visitors are allowed to interact with the sculpture and click selfies with them.
The museum has also got some game rooms where visitors can play some interesting games like solving puzzles and shooting goals.
Madame Tussauds was introduced to the whole world around two centuries in the past through the sheer craftsmanship of Marie Tussauds who happened to be an exceptional wax artist. It is a matter of fact that many of her beautiful creations were destroyed during World War II.
However, most of them were recovered and are redone by new-age artists. During your visit to the museum, you will also come to know about how it all started as well as get a glimpse of Marie Tussauds’s life. You will get to know how she started off in Strasbourg, France in the year 1761 and moved on to be an art tutor of King Louis XVI, and a legend to remember.
Things to do at Madame Tussauds, Bangkok
- Posing With The Stars – Posing with the stars is considered to be the most sought-after activity in the museum as you will get to click selfies with the figures. The museum in Bangkok has no glass boxes for the figures letting visitors snap real pictures. You can also dress up in the themed display areas for some unique shots.
- Interactive Displays – Madame Tussauds Bangkok has got a number of interactive displays which lets tourists interact with the figures. You can head out to the football display and go for a penalty shot. You can also take a quiz by the displays that house the figure of Albert Einstein.
- Learn About the Museum’s History – The museum has also got a historic themed display section where you can get to know more about the life of Madame Tussauds as well as her journey to become an art tutor and then a legend.
- Have your Hand Cast in Wax – During your visit, you can get your hand cast in wax. You can stand near the exit and get a wax figure of your hand made in the color of your choice.
- Pick Up A Souvenir – The Museum is home to a souvenir store where you can shop for some of your favorite items. You can collect memories for your loved ones or for yourself to make this trip worth remembering all through your life.
- Getting Away from the Heat – Many tourists visit the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in the daytime in order to escape the heart of Bangkok City. You can just explore the displays in an air-conditioned atmosphere taking a break from the crowd of the city.
You may also like to see our latest article, A Full-Day Travel Guide to Bali Swing Places.