What is a Bitcoin demo account?
A Bitcoin demo account is a simulated trading account that brings the crypto market to live without you being at risk of losing any real money. With the rise of technology and a deeper understanding of how the crypto market works, experts have managed to recreate all of its conditions in a virtual setting. It is important for beginners to understand how to use this feature to their advantage.
Trading platforms like Bitcoin Era – http://bitcoins-era.io/ – offers users a demo trading account when they register. Here are some of the advantages of using a demo trading account:
- If you are a beginner, it will be a good opportunity to see how the market really works, leading to a better understanding of it.
- You can trade without losing real money.
- You get to test your strategies and see if they really work as you expect them to.
- Build your confidence in your strategies by practicing with them on the simulated market.
- Gain experience as a crypto trader without experiencing the pain that usually comes with loss.
With the advantages above, when you want to join a platform and test their demo account, here are some features, characteristics and practices you should be aware of:
Features to look for in a demo account
– Registration: Most of the time, before you can access the demo account of a platform, you will have to register and join it. In some cases, you will be forced to show some level of commitment by investing some real money. Take note that this is not what is attainable everywhere and you have the option of looking for other platforms. However, even if you decide to invest some real money, remember that you are there for the demo account, so, deposit as little as possible. Between $1 and $10 is recommended.
– Trade assets: Before committing to a platform, especially those that ask for a deposit, make sure they offer enough trading assets. Typically, a good crypto trading platform should have 300+ trading assets.
– Limits: Since it is a simulated market, there will likely be limits to what can be replicated. So, you should have this in mind before joining any platform. You can also inquire from the providers, what the limit of the demo trading account is.
– Feature: Compare features on offer to pick the best demo account. For example, while two or more platforms may appear to offer the same features on the surface, an in-depth research may turn up some differences. Price alerts, live-market trends with advanced trading tools, ability to track the progress of your portfolio, mobile and desktop application, and so on should be on offer or you look for another platform.
– Ease of use: If you are a beginner, you should prioritize platforms that are easy to use as it will let you focus on learning trading. Otherwise, you will find out that you have to spend more time understanding the platform you are using than the simulated market that you joined it for.
Risks of a demo trading account
– Manipulated trades: Be careful that the platform you have chosen is not manipulating the simulated trading environment to rush you into making a real money investment with it. Rigged markets can put you in trouble.
– Overconfidence: Remember that no matter how realistic a demo trading account may look like, it is still not the unpredictable real market. So, even if you have ad success in the demo market, you should be careful when making real investments. Take things slow until you are sure that you have a handle on things.
– Information risk: Sometimes, bad actors may set up fake demo accounts in a bid to steal sensitive details of traders. As a beginner, the first thing you should do is ensure the credibility of your demo account provider. Usually, you are advised to go for brokers that already have good reputation. Also, don’t just dish out details when they are not related to what you want to do on the platform.
A Bitcoin demo trading account is the best way to get started on your crypto trading journey. All you need to do is ensure you are using the best and have taken the associated risks into consideration as well.
– When to Start a Bitcoin Investment: The Right Time Is Now
– 10 Cryptocurrencies to invest in besides Bitcoin (2022 update)
– Features of good cryptocurrency trading platforms.
13 thoughts on “Bitcoin demo account: what beginners should know”