They can both have us feeling like we’d do anything, give anything up for the other person, but it can be hard to tell the difference between the two.
However, time always tells in all situations like this, and sometimes you have to patient. But no one wants to be heartbroken when they eventually find out that what they thought that they had with their partner was not really it.
Because of this, it is important to know the surefire ways to differentiate between infatuation and love so we can at least avoid some if not all heartbreak.
What is the meaning of infatuation anyway?
Infatuation is the feeling of being completely carried away by passion and attraction. It causes people to use grandiose things and mediums to declare their love and is usually portrayed in movies as people falling ‘madly in love’ with each other.
Love is more stable and requires a lot more depth of feeling and sacrifices than infatuation.
How to differentiate between infatuation and love
- Infatuation craves perfection, while love is real
- Infatuation happens instantly while love takes time
- Infatuation creates feelings of obsession and jealousy
- Infatuation causes feelings of insecurity
- Love encourages your growth, while infatuation is more occupied with the now
- Love is more sacrificial while infatuation is selfish
- Love increases as partners spend time together
- Infatuation is all about the now, love is patient
- Infatuation is temporary, love can last forever
- Infatuation is often physical, while love is so much more
Can love become infatuation?
Many relationships start out as infatuation as more and more people are falling in love with looks before a person’s depth.
[bctt tweet=”Many relationships start out as infatuation as more and more people are falling in love with looks before a person’s depth.” username=”Sidomex”]
However, with constant communication, sacrifices, and patience, couples can build something between themselves that will last longer than a fling.
We’d like to read your thoughts on this article. Share them with us in the comments section below.