For 20 years, the Fast and Furious franchise has been dishing out car racing action blockbusters for fans. In 2021, it released its tenth film, F9, and its box office total has shot past $6 billion already with its US release still many weeks away. Here, we look at the highest-grossing Fast and Furious films ranked from lowest to highest.
9. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) — $159 million
8. The Fast and the Furious (2001) — $207.3 million
7. 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) — $236.3 million
6. Fast & Furious 4 (2009) — $363.2 million
5. Fast Five (2011) — $626.1 million
4. Hobbs and Shaw (2019) — $760 million
3. Fast & Furious 6 (2013) — $788.7 million
2. The Fate of the Furious (2017) — $1.236 billion
1. Furious 7 (2015) — $1.516 billion
The numbers for the tenth instalment is not yet complete because it is still only available in some international markets. However, the available numbers are encouraging.
According to Variety, Fast & Furious 9 already garnered $162.4 million in the international box office. A new feat for a Hollywood film since the COVID-19 pandemic. It also became the second-highest-grossing Fast and Furious film in China on its opening weekend, getting $135 million.
With a total earning of $6 billion and counting, the Fast and Furious film series has now surpassed The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit (Middle-earth) film franchise, and it is currently ninth in the list of highest-grossing franchises and film series.
You may also like to read our recent article Upcoming albums from Billie Eilish, Maroon 5 and other top stars to look out for.