The Victoria's Secret show will stop airing on television
SISidomex··1 min read
Advertisement
Some of us may remember watching Victoria’s Secret show on cable TV and couldn’t wait to grow up and be able to buy luxury lingerie.
That is about to end, however, as Management of the Victoria secrets has announced the cancellation of the show from TV.
The Victoria’s Secret show, which has aired on CBS or ABC since 2001 has been reported to have seen a steady decline of viewers.
It, however, fell on especially hard times last year after comments of its marketing manager Ed Razek sparked off the general public. Following the strong demand for more inclusivity in the show, Razek held a press conference where he stated there’s no market for plus-size models.
“Why don’t you do 60? Why don’t you do 24?” He said referring to plus size models “it’s like, why doesn’t your show do this? Shouldn’t you have transsexuals in the show? No. No, I don’t think we should. Well, why not? Because the show is a fantasy. It’s a 42-minute entertainment special.”
Advertisement
The show took a sharp plummet last year from already declining 9.7 million viewers to 3.3 million viewers.
In a statement, Leslie Wexner, the chief executive of L Brands, said that he and his colleagues are “taking a fresh look at every aspect of our business” ahead of this year’s show. He said the brand “must evolve and change to grow.”
He continued: “With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show,” he wrote. “Going forward we don’t believe network television is the right fit.”
Advertisement
Share
Get the recap
Loved this story? Get more like it.
Join readers who get our weekly entertainment recap — the stories worth your time, delivered every Friday.
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime. By signing up you agree to our Privacy Policy.