Diddy discusses life after Tragedy as he covers Essence with his children
Celebrities

Diddy discusses life after Tragedy as he covers Essence with his children

Sidomex··1 min read
Advertisement
Rap Mogul Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs has opened up on life after his ex-Kim Porter, the mother of 3 of his 5 biological children who died in 2018.

Porter, 47, passed away in November after contracting double pneumonia while battling the flu.

In the May issue of Essence Magazine, which Diddy and his children are the cover stars, the 49-year-old disclosed what Porter told him before she died and how that defined his reaction.

“Three days before she passed, she wasn’t feeling well,” Combs explains. “She had the flu, and she sent the kids over to my house so they wouldn’t get sick.”

“One night I was checking on her, and she was like, ‘Puffy, take care of my babies.’ She actually said that to me before she died.”

According to him, those words stuck with him on the morning of 15 November after news broke that Porter had been found dead at her home in Toluca Lake, California.

“I jumped into mommy mode,”  Combs tells Essence. “I sent people in every direction to try to make sure the kids would not hear about it on social media or the news.”

“I had to get to the girls’ school and find Quincy, who was on set in Atlanta. Christian was on a plane, and I had his phone disconnected so he wouldn’t read it in the air,” Combs explains to the outlet.

Advertisement

See photos from the shoot below.

Read the full article here.

Advertisement
Share
Get the recap

Loved this story? Get more like it.

Join readers who get our weekly entertainment recap — the stories worth your time, delivered every Friday.

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime. By signing up you agree to our Privacy Policy.

Diddy discusses life after Trage... | Sidomex Entertainment