Williamson was only one point short of the career-high mark he set one night earlier in a 113-108 loss to Denver but he made 13-of-20 field-goal attempts on Saturday night.
Nickeil Alexander-Walker scored 20 points before fouling out while Brandon Ingram added 19 against a short-handed Mavericks team led by Tim Hardaway Jr’s 30 points, but just nine came in the second half.
Jalen Brunson poured in 24 points, Boban Marjanovic had 13 points and 11 rebounds, and Maxi Kleber 13, and Trey Burke scored 13 each as the Mavs dealt with the absence of two of their best players, Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis.
Dallas’ All-Star player Doncic, missed Friday’s 109-92 home loss to Indiana because of tightness in his lower back, and he also sat out Saturday’s game because of a non-COVID illness.
Porzingis, who had 31 points and matched his career-high of 18 rebounds against the Pacers, was held out because of knee injury recovery.
Saturday night’s NBA results
- Detroit Pistons 92 – 106 Washington Wizards
- New York Knicks 102 – 96 Milwaukee Bucks
- Houston Rockets 129 – 107 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Chicago Bulls 104 – 120 San Antonio Spurs
- Dallas Mavericks 103 – 112 New Orleans Pelicans
- Boston Celtics 111 – 94 Oklahoma City Thunder
- Memphis Grizzlies 110 – 126 Utah Jazz
- Philadelphia 76ers 112 – 122 Los Angeles Clippers
- Cleveland Cavaliers 98 – 100 Sacramento Kings