Comedian Tiffany Haddish relationship timeline is quite the story as it features some drama and shows how confident the woman is, read on.
American standup comedian and actress Tiffany Haddish is enjoying an amazing career run dating back to the late 1970s. At over 40, she can pull a massive turnout at shows, and her performances in movies like Girls Trip, Night School, and Like a Boss have been quite impressive.
However, despite her professional success, the superstar has had several failed relationships. And while failed relationships are nothing new, hers happened to make the news because it was high profile. In this article, we will look at Tiffany Haddish relationship timeline and why it appears that she can’t keep a man.
Before we go further, let us first see some unique facts about Tiffany Haddish that makes her special. See video:
Top 10 facts about Tiffany Haddish
- Tiffany has one Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album in 2021 for her Black Mitzvah project and a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series on Saturday Night Live in 2018.
- She is of Eritrean heritage from her father’s side; however, he left her alone with her mother when she was just 3.
- Haddish said her interest in comedy began as a coping mechanism because her mother was violent. Also, it helped her during her brief stint in foster care.
- After high school, she was homeless and lived in her car for some time, and she later attended Laugh Factory Comedy Camp as a form of therapy for her violent upbringing.
- In addition, she later revealed that she had been raped at 17 by a police cadet, and this led to her aggressiveness in turning down unwanted advances from men.
- Tiffany has shown that she is an ardent student of comedy, and not just another funny person, with her vast knowledge of the comic world.
- In the late 2000s, she was still a struggling act and got to appear on the comedy competition Bill Bellamy’s Who’s Got Jokes? as a minor break as well as on other shows.
- In the early 2010s, she appeared in the parody of Zack Snyder’s 300, titled Meet the Spartans, as well as Janky Promoters (with Ice Cube) and on Oprah Winfrey Network drama series If Loving You Is Wrong.
- Her big break came when she starred alongside Regina Hall, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Queen Latifah in the comedy film Girls Trip.
- Since her 2017 breakthrough, she has been nominated twice for Grammy Awards and Primetime Emmy Award and won one each. Also, she has featured in several notable films and notably revived the ABC comedy series titled Kids Say the Darndest Things.
Of course, there are so many additional details you will need to know in other to understand just how far the comedian has come. However, our focus here is Tiffany Haddish relationship.
Tiffany Haddish relationship timeline
As mentioned, it is not clear when Tiffany Haddish started dating men again, but it is likely a long time after her traumatic incident in 1993. What we do know is that she married William Stewart in 2008, after dating for some time.
Marriage to William Stewart
Her first marriage at 32 was notable because Stewart helped her track down her once-estranged father, who abandoned her when she was three years old. He was able to walk her down the aisle, which was likely her longtime dream; no wonder she said it had been one of the happiest days of her life.
Yet, the marriage did not last as long as expected. In 2011, she filed for divorce in Los Angeles County. According to a memoir she would later write titled The Last Black Unicorn, she revealed that her ex-husband had been physically abusive and was a stalker.
But, after her initial divorce, they married a second time and only finally divorced in 2013. Also, following the damning details contained in the book, Stewart accused her of defamation, libel, and abuse. And although she denied any wrongdoing, he went ahead to sue her for the accusations. There are claims that she and the publisher settled the matter outside of court in a private setting.
Whatever the case, the comedian’s first marriage did not end on a good note.
Hookup with rapper Chingy
Following her failed marriage (or can we say marriages?), Haddish either decided to stay single or just keep things about her relationship away from the media. We rarely heard anything about who the comedian was dating until a 2019 appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” where she let the cat out of the bag that she had hooked up with rapper Chingy.
After the revelation, Chingy claimed that he and Tiffany were never intimate. But in 2020, during an interview with Mike Hill for Fox Soul, he admitted that he had indeed hooked up with her. He claimed that he had been pretty wasted at the time it happened, thus, why he initially denied it. However, his brother had convinced him that it happened and was a one-night thing.
After the drama with the rapper, Tiffany Haddish revealed that she was in a relationship with American actor and rapper Common.
Tiffany Haddish and Common
The pair first met on the set of the 2019 film The Kitchen, where they played love interests. “We became friends, but it wasn’t like anything intimate,” she explained.
Then, Tiffany claimed that she went into a period where she said she wanted to start dating again. Around this time, she was approaching 40, so she and Common started to get to know each other better and spend more time together. But, it was during the quarantine that things got more serious, and they became intimate.
Haddish gushed about the relationship to everyone willing to pay attention. “This is hands down the best relationship I’ve ever been in. Knowing that I got somebody that cares about me, that really has my back—it seems like he does anyway—and I love it. I love him,” she said on Steve-O’s Wild Ride! Podcast in August 2020.
It was a two-way thing as Common too appeared to be taken in by her. On the The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, he confessed: “She’s a wonderful human being, she’s a true queen and she just has a lot of love in her heart. I’m opening up and receiving and trying to give as much love as I have in my heart. I like being a part of love and expressing that.”
What happened between Haddish and Common?
Fans have wondered what happened between the two love birds because they broke up about a year after proclaiming their love on the air. Well, sources close to them said that they were never in the same city together and too busy for a serious relationship.
So, we can safely say that the quarantine ended, and everyone resumed their regular activities. Theirs is not the only relationship that ended with the end of quarantine.
But Tiffany has said that she still misses the rapper from time to time, although she has made peace with their relationship ending. She says she is fine and cool with it.
Who is Tiffany Haddish boyfriend now? | Is there a new Tiffany Haddish relationship?
Since Common, Tiffany Haddish has not come forward to say that she is in any relationship. Yet, in April 2022, rapper Stallionaires Pooch claimed he was dating her. He said so in an interview with TMZ, stating that they had something going.
The comedian burst the rapper’s bubble when she was asked to confirm the statement. “Well, I don’t think one dinner counts as dating. Does it?” she replied.
Since then, Pooch appears to have been avoiding any conversation about Haddish. When he was asked how long he and the comedian had been dating, he started evading the question. This further confirms that he had likely been dating himself, which happens quite often.
Tiffany Haddish remains single as of when this article was published but will she remain so for long? Your guess is as good as ours.
– Highest paid actors of 2022 | Tom Cruise, Will Smith, and others
– An Ultimate Guide to the Right Mailer for your Product
– Hyperpigmentation – What are the causes of melasma
– Angela Lee Lifestyle and Net Worth
– Rise of Musical Biopics and Why We Can’t Stop Watching.