Milly Alcock is an Australian actress who made her name for playing young Rhaenyra Targaryen in the Game of Thrones prequel series, The House of the Dragon, before Emma D’Arcy took over as her older version.
While many TV fans, likely including you, got to know of Alcock in The House of the Dragon series, it is by no means her first rodeo. The actress has been in some productions in her home country, Australia. However, the HBO TV series deserves the credit for bringing her into the spotlight.
With her incredible acting, it is hard to believe that this is her first international outing. Her performance in the widely watched series has led to inquiries into her personal details, such as her age, other movies and TV shows she has been in, and so on. All these details will be revealed during the course of this article. First, let’s look at some quick facts about the actress.
10 facts about Milly Alcock
- Milly Alcock’s birth name is Amelia May Alcock, and she was born on April 11, 2000, making her 22 years old in 2022.
- She is from Sydney, Australia, and grew up with two brothers.
- Her interest in acting was contrary to the family’s interest, which was rugby (American football).
- She made her official acting debut in 2014 at 14 in an episode of Wonderland but got her first credited role in 2017 for playing Isabella Barrett in the web miniseries High Life.
- The actress had to drop out of high school at 19 after she got cast in the series Upright to pursue her dreams of becoming a professional actress.
- Milly Alcock won the Casting Guild of Australia Rising Star Award in 2018 and was nominated for the Best Comedy Performer award at the 10th AACTA Awards for her performance in Upright.
- She played Jien in the 2018 film The School and Alison in the 2020 short film The Familiars.
- After moving to London to pursue her career, Alcock lived in an East London flat in 2022 and initially lived in a Primrose Hill house.
- As one of the main cast of House of the Dragon, she was paid between $100,000 and $300,000 per episode.
- Milly Alcock left House of the Dragon after playing young Rhaenyra Targaryen in its first five episodes, and Emma D’Arcy took over the role of the character’s older version.
ALSO READ: Best 15 Korean TV shows to watch on Netflix.
Milly Alcock was born Amelia May Alcock, with her widely known first name being nothing more than a nickname. She was born in Sydney, Australia, to sports-loving parents. The actress has two brothers, and in an interview with Vogue, she revealed that her family loved rugby (American football) more than anything.
In fact, her interest in acting is more of a rebellious act because no one in her family was into it. Then, she enrolled in the Newtown High School of the Performing Arts and began acting. One of her most memorable acting experiences was when she took part in the production of Red Rocking Hood.
However, she had to drop out of school in 2018 because she was cast in the drama series Upright. From then on, her career took a surprising turn.
Milly Alcock began acting officially in 2014 at the age of 14 when she appeared in an episode of Wonderland, a romantic comedy-drama series that aired on Australian TV network Network Ten. Although, her part was uncredited. Then, she appeared in various commercials for brands such as NBN, Cadbury, KFC, and Woolworths.
Between 2015 and 2017, she was a regular feature on the Australian Disney Channel, presenting short-form children’s series such as B.F. Chefs and Hanging With. The actress got her first credits in 2017 for playing Isabella Barrett in the web miniseries High Life and as Cindi Jackson in the TV drama Janet King Season 3. Alcock also played Jien in the 2018 film The School and Alison in the 2020 short film The Familiars.
Emma in A Place to Call Home Season 6
In 2018, Alcock starred in the Fox Showcase drama series Fighting Season as Maya Nordenfelt, alongside Jay Ryan, Ewen Leslie, Kate Mulvany, and Julian Maroun. The same year, she was featured as Emma Carvolth in the sixth season of the Logie Awards-winning series A Place to Call Home. Also, the actress was Marissa Campbell in the Netflix six-part series Pine Gap and Sian Galese in the ABC series Les Norton, which also stars Alexander Bertrand, David Wenham, and Rebel Wilson.
Milly Alcock as Meg in Upright
She had already dropped out of school to focus on her acting career when she played the main role of Meg in the Upright series, which aired on Foxtel in 2019. Milly Alcock won the Casting Guild of Australia Rising Star Award in 2018 for her performance and was nominated for the Best Comedy Performer award at the 10th AACTA Awards, becoming the youngest nominee in the category. She is set to appear in the second season of Upright, although the producers have not given any update on when that would happen. Alcock played minor roles as Jenny McGinty in the supernatural thriller The Gloaming and Sam Serrato in the crime thriller Reckoning.
Milly Alcock age in House of the Dragon
Milly Alcock was 22 years old when she starred in House of the Dragon as young Rhaenyra Targaryen.
In July 2021, HBO announced that Alcock and Emily Carey were joining the fantasy series House of the Dragon cast. The actresses were announced late, about a year after the initial cast was unveiled. Alcock was cast to play young Rhaenyra Targaryen, and Emma D’Arcy played her older version.
Will Milly Alcock leave House of the Dragon? It appears that after the fifth episode, D’Arcy will take over the role of Rhaenyra, and Milly Alcock will be done with her part. However, it is quite possible that she could still have some part to play in the future. For example, she may be needed to play impromptu flashback parts.
For those who might be confused as to why House of the Dragon is changing cast, it is because the time jump means that some of the actors have to look older. Alcock’s character, Rhaenyra Targaryen, started at 15, and by the time the show reached episode 5, she was 19. Meanwhile, when Emma D’Arcy takes over, Rhaenyra Targaryen is supposed to be much older (perhaps approaching 40).
As far as we know, Alcock lives in an East London flat. She had moved to London to pursue her career and first lived in an apartment in Primrose Hill. Before her job with HBO, she had lived with her family in Sydney, Australia.
Milly Alcock boyfriend
So far, the young actress is yet to show the public her boyfriend, that is, if she has one. Distractify mentioned that Milly Alcock shared a snap of herself and upcoming actor Luca Ward with the caption “Boy Asleep” in November 2019. Then, she shared another photo with another person named Ari Kwasner-Catsi. It is likely that the two photos mean nothing and that she is not in a relationship with any of them.
We conclude that Milly Alcock is single, at least as of when this article was published.
Milly Alcock Instagram account has nearly 1 million followers as of when this article was published. It appears that she doesn’t have a TikTok or Twitter account, at least not one that we could see.
For now, there is no detail on how much the actress is worth. According to a Cosmopolitan article, the main cast of House of the Dragon was making between $100,000 and $300,000 per episode. This could mean that Milly Alcock made about $600,000 for her part in the show’s first five episodes.
It is difficult to nail the exact value of Milly Alcock’s net worth, but we guess it should be around $400,000 in 2022.
Alcock is far from her peak in the acting industry, and from what we have seen so far, she started on the right track; learning the ropes first and then getting a big break. We can’t wait for the next project we will see her in.
– Ethan Cutkosky Bio | Carl Gallagher from Shameless actor
– 5 key takeaways from Olivia Wilde “Don’t Worry Darling” interview with Stephen Colbert
– Six sinister upcoming horror movies to watch in 2022
– Adam Levine and 10 male celebrities cheating scandals
– Steve Howey Biography, wife, movies, TV shows, and net worth.