Antonia Gentry is an American actress famous for playing Ginny in the Netflix comedy drama series Ginny & Georgia, see other details like her age, boyfriend, and more.
Antonia Gentry was born on 25 September 1997. She was born in Atlanta, Georgia, brought up by her parents in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, making her an American national. She is an American actress. Antonia had the dream of being an actress since the age of 5.
Her father, Gentry, is British while her mother, Sandra, is Jamaican, making Antonia biracial. Speaking to Teen Vogue, she made them understand that growing up with her mom was one of the best experiences she has, cause’ whenever she felt somehow about her identity, she confided in her mom, who boosted her self-esteem. She is the only known child of her parent. Her nickname is Toni, and her zodiac sign is Libra.
Top 10 facts about Antonia Gentry
- She was born 25 September 1997 (in 2022, she’d be 23 years old).
- Antonia Gentry was born and brought up in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Her father’s name is Gentry, and he is White man from Britain, while her mother, Sandra, is Black woman from Jamaica.
- Antonia Gentry was the star in the Netflix Comedy-drama series Ginny & Georgia, which was a dream come true for her.
- Her mother, Sandra, is a poet and her first performance was on her mother’s original play at a community theatre.
- She studied drama at the John S. Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School and later graduated from the Emory University drama department.
- As an undergraduate, she was a part of the university’s comedy-improv troupe, Rathskellar Comedy Improv Group.
- Her zodiac sign is Libra.
- She spends her free time with her cat.
- Antonia Gentry has been in a relationship with boyfriend, Ezra Pound, since 2019.
|Full Name||Antonia Bonea Gentry|
|Date of Birth||25 September 1997|
|Place of Birth||Atlanta, Georgia|
|High School||Davidson Fine Arts School|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Read related articles:
–Mecca Morgan White Bio: Who is the biological father of Vampire Diaries star Joseph Morgan’s daughter?
-Malcolm Washington Bio: See facts about Denzel Washington’s other son
–Who is Mike Lindell’s ex-wife Dallas Yocum?
Early life and education
Antonia Gentry attended a high school at John S. Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School in Augusta, Georgia. Sandra, her mother, is a poet and an artist, and she gave Antonia her first performance at a community theatre with one of her original works.
As a senior in high school, Gentry had already participated in plays that competed at the regional, state, and national levels. When she went back to Atlanta to school at the reputable Emory University, she was exhilarated because she acquired lots of business credits and Netflix acclaim before graduating with the 2019 class.
It’s a thing of dignity for her to have been an energetic figurehead in Emory Rathskellar Comedy Improv troupe and to have performed abreast of Atlanta theater professionals at their fair play theater in plays like Romeo and Juliet as Juliet, The Tempest, and lots more.
Besides acting, she’s fond of learning new languages, playing piano, singing, and stifling her cat, Buttersworth, with love.
Antonia picked interest in movies from a young age. She took part in her first professional stage play in 2014 through the help of her mum, who made her dream come into reality.
Antonia Gentry movies
– PSA Don’t Text and Drive Pay Attention as Teenage Driver (2014)
– Tales from the Street as Sera Candy Jar (2015)
– Lone Wolf Mason as Madison (2015)
– Driver’s Ed: as Jasmine (2018)
– Raising Dion as Wendy (2019)
– Ginny & Georgia as Ginny Miller ((2021))
– Time Cut TBA (2022).
|Title||Driver’s Ed: Tales from the||Lone Wolf Mason||Candy Jar||Raising Dion||Ginny & Georgia||Time Cut|
|Notes||PSA||Short||Netflix film||1 episode
Netflix TV series
Gentry acted in two movies while at Emory University and was part of two short films in 2015. In a romantic comedy known as Candy Jar, she acted as Jasmine’s character and played a role in an episode of the superhero drama series Raising Dion. She championed the character, and the series was released in 2021 on Netflix.
Her part in Ginny and Georgia brought her fame. The comedy-drama series is the story of a woman (Georgia) who relocated to Wellsbury with her two children: Austin and Ginny. Ginny starts befriending her teacher in school while her mom and next-door neighbor starts smoking m_rijuana. Her daughter, Ginny, goes on a date with a guy named Marcus, and he ends up deflowering her. Flashback reveals that when her mom was a teenager, she was s_xually abused too and got pregnant with Ginny.
The series started a lot of controversies and received criticisms, especially for s_xist remarks targeted at singers Lana Del Rey, Lady Gaga, and Taylor Swift. It had a 68% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.5/10 score on IMDB.
Antonia resides in Los Angeles. She wears lots of Aerie wears and tags the brand on most of her posts online. Also, she uses Armani cosmetics and advertises for the brand.
Although she seems to be a private person, she’s active on social media platforms. She’s a relaxed and happy lady. Her height is 5feet1 inch tall, which is about 1.549m.
Antonia’s boyfriend, Ezra Pound, was her high school partner. She has been in a relationship with him since 2019, also in the show business industry. He is a teacher, musician, and producer. There’s no picture of them on Instagram, and she must be living a private life.
Antonia Gentry’s net worth
Acting is Antonia’s leading stream of affluence. Her net worth ranges from a hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) to three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000), though it was not officially stated.
Antonia Gentry is one of the promising stars in the film industry. After acting in a prominent role in Ginny and Georgia, she became famous. Although young, she is making headways in the movie industry.
Also, read our latest articles:
–Five Nollywood actresses starring in lead roles in major 2022 movies
– Weekend watchlist – 10 trending movies/TV series you should see right now
– 10 home remedies that can help you get rid of bad breath.