fbpx
Entertainment News from Nigeria

“The Flash” teen actor Logan Williams died of accidental drug overdose

0 0

Logan Williams, teen actor from “The Flash”, died of an accidental drug overdose in April 2020, according to a coroner’s report.

The Coroners Service of British Columbia found that the 16-year-old died of “acute drug toxicity”, classifying the death as “accidental.”

According to the coroner’s office report, fentanyl was detected “in a range where lethal outcomes have been reported”.

Speaking with New York Post in May 2020, Williams’ mother, Marlyse, said that a preliminary toxicology report showed her son died of a fentanyl overdose. She also said that her son struggled with an addiction to opioids in the three years before his death.

“His death is not going to be in vain,” Marlyse Williams told the Post. “He’s going to help a lot of people down the road.”

She said at the time that after she learned of his drug use, she tried to help. Marlyse said she remortgaged her home to send him to a treatment centre in the United States and another facility in British Columbia.

She said: “I did everything humanly possible — everything a mother could do. I did everything but handcuff him to me to try to keep him safe.”

Logan Williams
Logan Williams

The report further states that “[Logan Williams] struggled with mental health concerns and had a history of consuming illicit substances. In 2019 he came into the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD).

“On the evening of [1 April 2020], Logan left the residence and was reported as missing to the police. When he returned to the placement at approximately 2300 hours, he appeared agitated and under the influence of a substance”

“Logan last spoke with staff at approximately 0400 hours on April 2, 2020. Staff reported that they conducted hourly checks on Logan, and he appeared to be sleeping. When staff attempted to wake Logan at approximately 0930 hours, he was unresponsive and not breathing. When paramedics arrived, they did not attempt resuscitation as it was apparent that Logan was deceased. Drug paraphernalia was located near to Logan’s body.”

5 facts about Logan Williams

  1. He was born to Marlyse and Clive Williams in Vancouver, Canada, to Marlyse Williams and Clive Williams on 9 April 2003.
  2. At 13, tired of the hundreds of auditions, Logan Williams decided to take a break. It was at this age that his mother discovered he was using marijuana before he progressed to harder drugs. 
  3. Logan Williams appeared as Jack Spehn in the Hallmark movie “The Color of Rain (2014)”, young Barry Allen in “The Flash” (2014), Miles Montgomery in “When Calls the Heart”, “Supernatural” and “The Whispers”.
  4. His mother claimed that he was in denial of his drug addiction problem because of shame and spent a month at a de-addiction centre in British Columbia. He lived in Port Coquitlam, where he overdosed on Fentanyl. 
  5. Logan Williams died on 2 April 2020, a few days short of his 17th birthday. It was not until September 2021 that the cause of his death was confirmed to be a drug overdose. Williams’ death was sudden and devastating. Grant Gust, Erin Krakow, and other stars he had worked with in his short-lived career paid their tributes to him.

You may also like our recent article, “The Matrix: Resurrections” trailer drops! 10 things we learned.

Leave A Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.