Popular Nigerian author Betty Irabor has taken to her Instagram account to write an open letter to women in abusive relationships.
“Do not allow third parties talk you into staying when you alone know the dangers ahead,” she wrote in part.
This message from Betty is related to the allegations of domestic violence against Channels Tv reporter Pius Angbo by his wife, Ifeanyinwa.
Ifeanyinwa accused her husband, Channels Tv reporter Pius Angbo, of battery in a viral video. In the viral video, she showed her battered face as proof.
A few hours later, the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, reconciled the the couple.
Reacting to this, Betty has penned an open letter to women in abusive relationships. She wrote, “Dear women in abusive relationships….
1. Marriage is not a Do or Die affair, especially when you’re the one who is likely to DIE from abuse or end up in psychiatric home as a living dead.
2. FOR BETTER FOR WORSE doesn’t mean you should romanticize suffer head especially when you’re being used as a beast of burden or punch bag which triggers mental and psychological trauma.
3. “Till death do us part” does not mean that you stay on till you die and are carried out in a coffin because you are staying for your children and because”GOD hates divorce.” Is it God’s will for you to be brutalised and sent to a premature death without fulfilling His purpose in your life?
4. “In sickness and in health”…doesn’t mean you should stay married to a sicko (psycho). Protect you own health.
5. Do not allow third parties talk you into staying when you alone know the danger ahead. Leave while your legs can carry you…
6. You’re by far better off alone & alive to tend your children than leave them for a step mother or family whose love interest MAY not include your children…
7. Please, please, we understand you’re afraid of starting all over; but stop sabotaging every effort made by Domestic Violence activists to rehabilitate you after you have reached out for help.
Stop running back to the vomit..
No! Half a loaf ( manage marriage) is not better than none. Don’t let society and peer pressure rush you.
Your life is gold. You’re a precious diamond. If you can’t see that no one else will…
Image… Me and my boo living our best life nearly 37 years on. His Grace has been upon us…but we also play our own roles….”
View this post on Instagram
The reality star preached this in a series of posts on her Instagram story. According to her, there is a need for a change in our psychology and how much importance is placed on the marriage institution.