Angela ‘Angie’ Kukawski was found dead on 23 December 2021, a day after she was declared missing; see 5 facts surrounding her death and murder.
As she was fondly known, Angie was a longtime business manager. At 55, she had acquired an enviable clientele including the Kardashian-Jenner family, Nicki Minaj, Ye (Kanye West), Offset, Tupac Shakur Estate, and more.
While not much is available about her personal life, she lived with her boyfriend, Jason Barker, 49, in their Sherman Oaks home. Additionally, an online source says she has five children, but we found nothing on her husband if she was married. Here are some of the details we have combed from online sources regarding her death.
Related article: Learn these safety tips now for a memorable New Year’s Eve.
5 facts about Angela Kukawski death
1. According to a police press release, Kukawski had been reported missing on 22 December 2021, and they had begun an investigation into her disappearance.
2. The authorities found her dead a day later in her car in Simi Valley, California. And online jail records, as Guardian reported, showed that the police arrested Jason Baker on the same day, 23 December 2021, in connection to her death. They immediately believed that it was a homicide case given the following findings:
3. The Ventura County Medical Examiner’s Office said that she had died of sharp and blunt force injuries to the head and neck, as well as strangulation. CNN’s article on the incident further adds, “detectives allege that Barker killed Kukawski inside their Sherman Oaks home, placed her inside her vehicle before driving her body to Simi Valley and leaving the car there.”
4. It was not until 28 December, six days after his arrest, that the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office filed murder and torture charges against him. Court documents stated that he was charged “with the intent to cause cruel and extreme pain and suffering for the purpose of revenge, extortion, persuasion, and for a sadistic purpose, inflict great bodily injury.”
5. Jason Barker is scheduled to appear in court on 12 January 2021 as the case continues to develop.
Angie Kukawski tributes
Following her sudden and gruesome murder, tributes have poured in online honoring her memory and the work she has done in the past. See what some of the people she worked with are saying:
Nicki Minaj wrote on her Instagram Stories, “hardest working, most reliable, sweetest person you could ever know. You didn’t deserve this Angela. My heart is breaking for your children. Rest in Peace.”
The Kardashian-Jenner family released a statement which reads, “Angela was truly the best. She cared about every one of us and made things happen that were impossible. She will be greatly missed and we send our sincere condolences to her family and loved ones during this most difficult time.”
Meanwhile, Offset said, “R.I.P Angie such a sweetheart you helped me so much. Talked to you every week I’m in disbelieve (sic) SMH prayer to your soul.”
Boulevard Management, where she worked, wrote, “We are saddened and heartbroken by the loss of our colleague, Angie Kukawski. Angie was well respected amongst her peers, and she was a kind, and wonderful person. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her. Our deepest condolences go out to all of Angie’s family and friends.”
There are also several other social media posts on her demise. We hope her family finds solace at this time. You may also like to read, Who is Ghislaine Maxwell? – 5 facts you should know about her.