Pep Guardiola is getting geared up for stiff competition next season as he looks to strengthen an already strong Manchester City squad. A few days ago, City announced the capture of Valencia’s winger Ferran Torres on a five-year deal worth an initial fee of £20.8m plus bonuses.
It is also believed that Pep still wants about four more signings before the summer transfer window is shut as he looks for replacements for David Silva and Sergio Aguero and other defenders to strengthen in that department.
On Wednesday, 5th of August 2020, Manchester City also finalised the deal for Bournemouth’s defender, Nathan Ake on a five-year deal to become City’s second summer signing.
The 25-year-old Dutch defender underwent his medical in Manchester yesterday after City and relegated Bournemouth City reached an agreement for the Netherlands international last week.
Nathan Ake while speaking on his move to the Etihad, says “City have been the best side in England over the course of the last decade”
“Coming here is a dream for me. This is a top side full of world-class players. Everywhere you look in this squad there are big names with international pedigree.
Ake also took to his Instagram page on Wednesday night to bid farewell to Bournemouth, writing: “I want to say goodbye after a fantastic time at Bournemouth.
“I want to thank everybody involved with the club for everything over the past years! I’ve had a fantastic few years playing at Dean Court learning so much and creating some amazing memories!
“Thank you to all the staff and players who made me feel welcome from the first minute. Because of you, I am now able to make this next step.
“Lastly I would like to thank all the fans who’ve been amazing to me from the minute I arrived. Unfortunately, we couldn’t bring this to a good end but I am sure we will see each other again in the future!”
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Alexis Sanches’ Inter Milan move
Meanwhile, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after last night’s victory over Austrian side, LASK confirmed that Alexis Sanchez will join Inter Milan on a permanent deal.
The Chilean joined Serie A side Inter Milan on a season-long loan in August 2019 and has managed four goals in 29 appearances in all competitions for the side.
Alexis Sanchez would leave United on a free transfer as talks have been progressing on a deal for the 31-year-old.
Asked about a potential Sanchez move after United’s Europa League win over LASK, Solskjaer said the deal will be confirmed on Thursday.
“I can confirm that he’s agreed and we’ve agreed,” Solskjaer said. “Alexis enjoyed his time there.
“They’ve liked him, so of course that’s a good move for him. Wish him all the best. He’s a top player, that we want to see play his best football.
“For whatever reason, we didn’t see the best of Alexis, but he’s a top professional and we just wish him all the best.”
Manchester United are willing to pay out the rest of Sanchez fees for cancelling his contract, which still has two years to run. The details of the payout are unknown but the value of the remaining two years in wages is around £55m.
Should a deal be completed, it would mean United’s iconic No 7 shirt would be vacant.
George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, and David Beckham have been among the icons to wear the No. 7 shirt at United and might be the same shirt Jadon Sancho would pick up should his deal materialise for the Red Devils as its incidentally the same number he wears for Borussia Dortmund.
Sanchez would leave Old Trafford after scoring five goals in 45 appearances since his swap deal involving Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who joined Arsenal, in January 2018.