This is the first live installment of Verzuz and Timbaland was out for revenge as he was largely regarded as the vanquished in their last duel during the lockdown in 2020.
The duo took the stage early with Swizz and Timbaland appearing before the raucous and expectant crowd.
— VERZUZ (@verzuzonline) May 31, 2021
The show had over 165k viewers virtually watching the battle while a sizeable crowd was also present at the LIV in Miami to witness the showdown.
The show which saw the likes of Nas, Rick Ross, DaBaby, Fabolous, Busta Rhymes and a long list of notable superstars in attendance was dedicated to Swizz’s long-time friend DMX who recently passed and also Timbaland’s sister, Aaliyah.
Here’s a run down of each round of the battle between Swizz Beatz and Timbaland.
- Timbaland (Timbaland & Magoo “Drop”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Angie Stone’s “Wish I Didn’t Miss You”)
- Timbaland (Missy Elliott’s “Work It”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Nicki Minaj’s “Roman’s Revenge”)
- Timbaland (Jay-Z’s “Dirt Off Your Shoulder”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Jay-Z’s “Anything”)
- Timbaland (JAY-Z’s “Big Pimpin”) vs. Swizz Beatz (DMX’s “Ruff Ryders’ Anthem”)
- Timbaland (Aaliyah’s “Try Again”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Ruff Ryders feat. Snoop Dogg, Scarface, Jadakiss & Yung Wun’s “WW II”)
- Timbaland (Memphis Bleek feat. JAY-Z, Missy Elliott & Twistas “Is That Your Chick”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Ruff Ryders feat. Drag-On & Juvenile “Down Bottom”)
- Timbaland (Jay-Z feat. Amil & Big Jaz’s “Jigga What Jigga Who”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Kanye West feat. Rick Ross’ “Famous (Remix)”)
- Timbaland (Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z’s “Drunk In Love”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z’s “Upgrade U”)
- Timbaland (Beyoncé’s “Partition”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Beyoncé’s “Get Me Bodied”)
- Timbaland (Jay-Z’s “Tom Ford”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Swizz Beatz’s “It’s Me B–ches”)
- Timbaland (Nelly Furtado’s “Promiscuous” ) vs. Swizz Beatz (T.I.’s “Bring ‘Em Out”)
- Timbaland (Ludacris’ “The Potion”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Cassidy’s “I’m a Hustla”)
- Timbaland (Ginuwine’s “Pony”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Kanye West feat. Chance the Rapper’s “Ultralight Beam”)
- Timbaland (Aaliyah’s “One in a Million”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Ruff Ryders “What Ya Want” Feat. Eve & Nokio)
- Timbaland (The LOX feat. Drag-On & Eve’s “Ryde or Die, B–ch”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Noreaga feat. Big Pun, Nature, Cam’Ron, Jadakiss & Styles P’s “Banned From T.V.”)
- Timbaland ( Jay-Z feat. Rick Ross ‘s “F*ckwitmeyouknowigotit”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Jay-Z’s “On to the Next One”)
- Timbaland (Jay-Z feat. Justin Timberlake’s “Holy Grail”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Styles P’s “Good Times”)
- Timbaland (Missy Elliott’s “Get Ur Freak On”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Swizz Beatz’s “Money in the Bank”)
- Timbaland (Lil’ Kim feat. Mr. Cheeks’ “The Jump Off”) vs. Swizz Beatz (Remy Ma’s “Whuteva”)
- Timbaland (LL Cool J’s “Headsprung”) vs. Swizz Beatz ( DMX’s “Party Up”)
The duo battled for supremacy with 20 songs each and fans cannot but feel nostalgic and thankful for another opportunity to relive the greatness of these two renowned producers.
Timbaland seemed to have saved his best of the best for overtime as he kept on dropping bangers after bangers including Kanye West’s 2007 anthem “Stronger,” Aaliyah’s “Are You That Somebody” as well as his own track “The Way I Are” featuring Keri Hilson to tip the cards in his favor.
The night was lit and very enjoyable as these two gave their viewers and fans their time’s worth. Despite Timbaland’s dominance, Swizz was fun to watch and turned out to be the life of the party mic keeping up the mood with ad-libs and banter.
Check out his hype when he dropped this J. Cole’s version of DMX’s new song with Jay-Z and Nas ‘Bath Salts’
— Club Ambition (@ClubAmbition__) May 31, 2021
At the end of a 2-hour long battle at the nightclub’s center stage, Timbaland and Swizz celebrated the platform they both built from the ground up in just a year.
Swizz went on to present his Verzuz co-founder with a custom airbrushed jacket featuring portraits of his frequent collaborators Aaliyah and Missy Elliott, before leaving with DMX playing in the background.
Who do you think won the contest? Let us know what you think below.