The writer is currently working on five projects for HBO, an American pay-per-view television network owned by WarnerMedia Studios & Networks. These five projects include:
- House of the Dragon – a prequel set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones that will focus on House Targaryen.
- 10,000 Ships (working title) – a series about the warrior queen Nymeria, also from the Game of Thrones series, who lived 1,000 years before the popular series.
- 9 Voyages – another Game of Thrones spinoff that focuses on Lord Corlys Velaryon, also known as the Sea Snake, a sailor who married a Targaryen princess.
- Flea Bottom – a series set in the slum of Westeros, a fictional land.
- Tales of Dunk and Egg – An adaptation of three of George RR Martin’s novellas on the hedge knight Ser Duncan the Tall (Dunk) and his squire (Egg), who would later become King Aegon V Targaryen.
This is not all as George RR Martin is also involved in an HBO animated GOT series as well as the adaptation of Nnedi Okorafor’s 2011 fantasy novel Who Fears Death and Roger Zelazny’s 1979 novel, Roadmarks. Additionally, Netflix bought the right to adapt Martin’s novelette, Sandkings.