See 5 facts about Gregg Leakes, the husband of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes, who died of colon cancer.
The family’s publicist announced Gregg Leake’s death via a statement to Los Angeles Times on Wednesday, 1 September 2021.
“Today, the Leakes family is in deep pain with a broken heart. After a long battle with cancer, Gregg Leakes has passed away peacefully in his home surrounded by all of his children, very close loved ones and wife, NeNe Leakes,” the statement reads. “We ask that you pray for peace and strength over their family & allow them to mourn in private during this very very difficult time.“
Gregg Leakes was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in 2018. The following year, he went through chemotherapy and then was on his way to remission
However, in June 2020, his wife confirmed that the cancer cells had returned, which was more severe this time. Gregg’s cancer journey was documented on the series until he left the show early last year.
Below is a video of Gregg Leakes talking about his fight with cancer:
Paying tribute to her husband, who died at 66, Nene Leakes uploaded a picture of praying hands and a broken heart, then captioned the photo: “BROKEN.“
View this post on Instagram
5 facts about Gregg Leakes
- Gregg Leakes was born on 18 August 1954 in New York City, New York, USA.
- He and his wife, Nene, share a son, Brent Leakes. However, he has other children from his previous relationships – Dexter, Daryl, Damian, Denton and Katrina.
- He is a real estate investor and consultant, and Celebrity Net Worth claims that Gregg Leaks net worth was $4 million in 2021.
- The “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star first got married to Gregg in 1997 and divorced in 2011 after four seasons of the show. That wasn’t the end of their love story, as the couple reconciled in 2013 and got remarried. Their second marriage was aired in the 2013 Bravo series, titled “I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding.”
- Gregg had a very active social media life as he liked to update his fans about his personal and professional endeavours. He had 113k+ followers on Instagram and 60.9k+ on Twitter.
You may also like our recent article, Bonnaroo 2021 music festival cancelled not because of COVID-19.