Beyonce, 40 and fabulous; see 5 facts about her and top songs
Happy Birthday Beyonce!
On Saturday, 4 September 2021, Beyonce turned 40 and Fabulous! And she is definitely not backing down from giving more reasons to keep calling her Queen B. We have compiled 5 facts about her and our top 5 of her songs.
The icon, who just turned 40, is a Grammy award-winning singer, actress, fashionista and wife to billionaire singer Jay-Z.
5 interesting facts about Beyonce
- Her full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, and she was born on 4 September 1981 in Houston, Texas, U.S.
- She is an American singer-songwriter, an actress and a fashionista. She achieved fame in the late 1990s as the lead singer of the R&B group Destiny’s Child and then went solo in 2003, releasing her first album after Destiny Child’s split.
- In 2004 Beyoncé won five Grammy Awards, including best contemporary R&B album and best female R&B vocal performance.
- In 2002, there were rumours that she was involved with singer Jay-Z after her collaboration with him on his 7th album. On 4 April 2008, Beyoncé got married to Jay-Z in a private ceremony. They have three children together – Blue Ivy, Rumi and Sir Carter.
- In 2010, Beyoncé founded her own entertainment company Parkwood Entertainment, and this is where all her works stem from.
List of Awards
Over the years, Beyonce has garnered a total of 23 Grammy awards out of 79 nominations. See the full list of Beyoncé’s Grammy win list below.
- R&B Performance – ‘Black Parade’
- Rap Song – ‘Savage’
- Rap/Sung Performance – ‘Savage’
- Music Video – ‘Brown Skin Girl’
- Best Music Film – Homecoming
- Best Urban Contemporary Album – Everything Is Love (with Jay-Z)
- Best Urban Contemporary Album – Lemonade
- Best Music Video – ‘Formation’
- Best Surround Sound Album – Beyoncé
- Best R&B Performance – ‘Drunk In Love’ (feat. Jay-Z)
- Best R&B Song – ‘Drunk In Love’ (feat. Jay-Z)
- Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance – ‘Love On Top’
- Best Contemporary R&B Album – I Am… Sasha Fierce
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance – ‘Halo’
- Song of the Year – ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)’
- Best R&B Song – ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)’
- Best Female R&B Vocal Performance – ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)’
- Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance – ‘At Last’
- Best Contemporary R&B Album – B’Day
- Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals – ‘So Amazing’ (with Stevie Wonder)
- Best Contemporary R&B Album – Dangerously In Love
- Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals – ‘The Closer I Get to You’ (with Luther Vandross)
- Best R&B Song – ‘Crazy In Love’ (feat. Jay-Z)
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration – ‘Crazy In Love’ (feat. Jay-Z)
- Best Female R&B Vocal Performance – ‘Dangerously in Love 2’
- Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals – ‘Survivor’
- Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals – ‘Say My Name’
- Best R&B Song – ‘Say My Name’
Top 5 Beyonce songs
Flawless (feat Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) (2013)
Beyoncé’s Flawless offers a powerful message that goes beyond catchy lyrical soundbites, thanks to author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s potent We Should All Be Feminists speech.
Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) (2008)
The beauty and greatness of “Single Ladies” lie in the fact that it never sounds like women are weak. Little wonder a lot of women are in love with the song.
Of course, Irreplaceable has to be on our list of the Icon’s top songs. This single was the most successful song of 2007 in the US. It stayed 10 weeks at the No 1 spot.
Run the World (Girls) (2011)
One striking thing about Beyoncé is how effortlessly she owns her songs, and her choice of collaborators is top-notch as well.
If I Were a Boy (2008)
Another epic song by the songstress. What’s not to love about the song?
You may also like our recent article, Camila Cabello “Cinderella” movie reviews.