American singer Ariana Grande has added another feather to her cap as she earned her 20th Guinness World Records.
Guinness World Records last week announced that Grande’s newest accolade is “most songs to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100,” with five of her songs topping the charts.
The announcement reads in part: “What makes her recent record achievement so extraordinary is that Grande is currently the only artist to have accomplished this in history
“Her triumphs come off the back of the impressive strides she has made in the entertainment business, which began in her teens.”
Some of Grande’s other notable Guinness World Records titles include:
- Most streamed track on Spotify in one week (female)
- Most followers on Spotify (female)
- First solo act to occupy top three positions simultaneously on US singles chart
- Most simultaneous Top 40 entries on US singles chart by a female artist
- Most streamed track on Spotify in one week
- Most subscribers for a musician on YouTube (female)
- Most streamed pop album in one week (USA)
- Most MTV VMA nominations for Best Collaboration.
- Most streamed track in one week by a female artist on the Billboard chart
- Most monthly listeners on Spotify for a female
Grande’s sixth and most recent album, “Positions,” was released on October 30, 2020, and it hit number one the Billboard Hot 100 by November 7, 2020
The pop icon’s other No.1 debuts on the US Hot 100 singles chart include: “thank u, next”, “7 rings”, “Stuck with U” (featuring Justin Bieber) and “Rain on Me” (Lady Gaga featuring Grande)
View this post on Instagram