Tony Hinchcliffe is an actor, comedian, and writer. His brand of comedy is known as ‘insult comedy’ and uses ‘roasting’ to make people laugh. He was born on June 8, 1984. He grew up on the Northside of Ohio. Tony went to Ursuline High School; he graduated in 2002. During his childhood days, he mentioned in an interview with cleaveland.com that he grew up in a hostile environment, saying that his insult skills earned him a punch in the face on his first day in school, though inside the bus. He added that being insulting others was his way of defending himself.
He was on the writing staff of the Comedy Central Roasts in 2008 and also appeared as a roaster on the All Def Digital Roast of Snoop Dogg, which aired on Fusion in 2016. Hinchcliffe is the host of the live weekly comedy podcast Kill Tony.
He moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in comedy in 2007, and he first performed at open mics at The Comedy Store in Hollywood. A few years later, he was hired to work the phones and the cover booth, eventually becoming a paid regular at the venue. As he progressed in his career, he started working as an opening act for comedians Jeff Ross and Joe Rogan. While at the Store, he became popularly known for insulting other comics and audience members during shows. His roasting style and dark flippancy were appreciated by his fellow comedian, Jeff Ross, who is also recognized as the “Roastmaster General” of the television series Comedy Central Roast.
|Date of Birth
|June 8, 1984
|5 feet 7 inches
|Comedian, Actor, Podcaster
Top 10 facts about Tony Hinchcliffe
- Tony Hinchcliffe was born and raised in Youngstown, Ohio. He was born on 8 June 1984, which means he’s about to celebrate his 38th birthday. He grew up with his mom, a single mother, and there is no mention of his father anywhere that we can find.
- Hinchcliffe’s entire comedy routine is hinged on insults. He’s not necessarily funny as he is so insulting that it is comedic. Of course, those he is insulting might not find him nearly as funny as those who are not the target of his words at any given time. He defines his comedy as insult comedy.
- His Childhood Spawned His Insult Comedy: He once told an interviewer that the reason he got into insulting people as a way of making them laugh is that he had a rough childhood.
- In the spring of 2021, he was performing standup at a local place in Austin, Texas. The comedian who introduced him was Peng Dang, a Chinese comic. When he finally came on stage, Hinchcliffe unleashed a slew of hateful comments that were nothing short of degrading, uncomfortable, and did not elicit any laughs from the audience. It was called a litany of racial slurs by pretty much everyone there.
- He hosts a podcast of his own during his free time. It goes by the name “Kill Tony,” and he has a lot of downloads so far.
- On his Instagram page, he has more than 250k followers, over 20k followers on Facebook, and about 145k followers on Twitter. He uses his time on the social media app to share his shows and upcoming events. He occasionally shares a photo of himself, but he rarely shares anything other than his work and promotions.
- Comedians are not always the kinds of people who keep their private life to themselves, but this is one man who does it. He doesn’t share anything about his personal life on his social media pages, and we have no idea what he is up to when he is not at work, hosting his podcast, or under fire for his poorly worded comments.
- Other jobs that he’s had in his life include writing. He’s written for shows, and he has spent much of his time working as a roaster and making appearances on other shows that bring a large audience and fan base to him.
- His net worth is estimated to be somewhere around $3million. He’s earned a lot of his money by performing shows or performing tours across North America. He is a man who has worked hard to make his money, and he loves what he does.
- After a video was made public of the horrible things that he said in Austin, many of his fans decided that they no longer support the comedian; calling him tone-deaf and enunciating his words was in poor taste. This kind of discussion in the current economic and political climate is disgusting and unappreciated by many. He’s going through a rough time, and we don’t know how he plans on handling this.
Read related article: Who is Julia Macchio? All about Ralph Macchio’s daughter in Cobra Kai.
Early life and education
Tony Hinchcliffe was born on 8 June 1984, and he grew up on the Northside of Ohio. He attended Ursuline High School and finished from there in 2002. During his childhood days, he mentioned in an interview with cleaveland.com that he grew up in a hostile environment, mentioning that his insult skills earned him a punch in the face on his first day in school, though inside the bus. He said that it was his only defense mechanism in the face of bullying.
Tony Hinchcliffe is an American comedian and his style of comedy is being described as one that is dark and apprehensive. He is also known for his part on The Burn with Jeff Ross (2012) and Super Bowl Greatest Commercials 2019 (2019), which means he’s no stranger to saying things that many find controversial, some find hilarious, and others cannot find any humor in. It is the name of the game in comedy.
Tony Hinchcliffe has had a long-lasting career that’s traversed from 2007 to the present, but he’s currently in the headlines for making comments in deplorable taste, and the world is not amused. Collectively, it appears no one finds his words hilarious at the moment, and he is being dragged into the mud as a result.
Besides majoring in comedy, Tony is also a writer; he has been on the writing staff of the Comedy Central Roasts since 2008. He is one of the most renowned and respected punch-up writers for both TV and stand-ups and is highly trusted by some of the best comedians in the world. His dark, free-flowing, and genuinely unapologetic stand-up comedy style is well known in the USA, Canada, Europe, and Australia, where he tours annually.
Tony hosts his live weekly show and podcast, Kill Tony, with over a million downloads a month and tours worldwide. Tony is a regular guest on The Joe Rogan Experience and has joined Joe Rogan and Jeff Ross on tours. In 2020, he started hosting an online course on “Roasting” called RoastMaster Class. It draws from his knowledge of writing for 8 Comedy Central Roasts and performing on roasts and roast battles, both educational and entertaining. The RoastMaster Class started as just a parody video and then became an actual project that he began to enjoy doing; thus, he released it upon the debut of his Patreon.
Personal life – is Tony Hinchcliffe married?
Charlotte Jane (wife)
The renowned comedian Hinchcliffe shares a harmonious married life with Charlotte Jane. Tony has kept his personal life under the sheets. According to Distractify, in 2015, he first mentioned he was married. He shared the news during a set, and the audience doubted the information. In November 2017, Tony shared a photo of him and his wife, including their marriage news. His wife Charlotte also shared a picture of her ring on her Instagram page.
Charlotte Jane has undoubtedly gained fame as the famous comedian Tony Hinchcliffe’s wife. However, she is also well-known as the daughter of renowned Australian racer Bob Jane. Unfortunately, Charlotte lost her dad on September 28, 2019.
Tony and Charlotte became espoused in November 2017. The couple has kept their marital life as private as possible as they do not post much about themselves. The confusion regarding Tony’s married life has always been as he did not talk much about it in the media.
Not only that, the unsureness regarding their marital status has further increased as Tony Hinchliffe’s wife, Charlotte Jane, shared a video of a man named Dylan Leduff in May 2021 in a post she captioned, saying he was the one she fell in love with. She also posted another picture of them together.
So, the fans are pretty curious to know if Hinchcliffe and Jane are still together. Furthermore, Tony’s spouse, Charlotte, uploaded a picture of her in December 2019 with the same ring that Tony had given her. However, the ring has not been seen in any of her posts after that.
Similarly, Charlotte Jane’s husband, Tony, has not shared any pictures. However, Rumor has it that her husband, Tony Hinchcliffe, is now dating Polish professional mixed martial artist and former Muay Thai kickboxer Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
So, fans are unsure about his marital status with Charlotte as to whether they are still married or are separated. This air of confusion can only be cleared when one opens up about their marital status. And hopefully, they’ll do that soon.
Tony Hinchcliffe net worth
Tony has not only made a name for himself in the entertainment industry, but he has also earned himself a fortune. Through his mentor Jeff Ross, he got outstanding contracts and offers, significantly increasing his current net worth. His net worth is approximately $10million, and it can only get better with his dedication and commitment to his career. His mentor, Jeff Ross, has a net worth of $5 million.
On Social Media
Tony is active on social media, which he uses to reach many people, both fans, family, and friends. On his Instagram page, he has more than 250k followers, over 20k followers on Facebook, and about 145k followers on Twitter. He uses his time on the social media app to share his shows and upcoming events. He occasionally shares photos of himself, but he rarely shares anything other than his work and promotions.
Latest news on Tony Hinchcliffe
Tony, in a much better way, rings in the New Year, partying with friends and family, enjoying a whole lot of laughter, and dancing to some of the best music in town. Multiple bands and a DJ followed the comedy show to help dance away the night. Bands included Nether Hour and Trace of Lime.
Tony Hinchcliffe is an American comedian, writer, actor, and podcaster. However, once in a while, he crosses the line with his jokes, and he is apologetic and never intends to hurt anyone with his insulting words. He is a good role model and hard worker who seeks to achieve the zenith in his career.
You may also like to read, Matt Kaplan’s Biography: age, net worth, movies, dating history.