The Lakers lost their first matchup against the Golden State Warriors this season, blowing a 19-point lead despite playing at full strength but they redeemed themselves in February when both sides met again.
The third match has also gone in favour of the Los Angeles Lakers despite missing Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, and Alex Caruso. They blew the Warriors out yet again by 31 points.
The won with one of their best offensive performances of the year, setting season-highs in assists (36) and field goal percentage (62.8 percent) in the 128-97 victory.
LeBron James is making a serious push for MVP as he notched his fourth triple-double of the season in the 128-97 victory while the Warriors got 27 points out of Stephen Curry, but his teammates shot only 9-of-30 on 3-pointers.
Golden State’s lack of firepower around Curry has been a problem all season, but when the Lakers shoot as well as they did Monday, few teams in the entire NBA are capable of beating them.
Watch the highlights of the match below
Monday night’s NBA results
- Sacramento Kings 116-122 Charlotte Hornets
- Milwaukee Bucks 133-122 Washington Wizards
- San Antonio Spurs 109-99 Detroit Pistons
- New York Knicks 112-117 Brooklyn Nets
- Los Angeles Clippers 109-99 Dallas Mavericks
- Indiana Pacers 106-121 Denver Nuggets
- Memphis Grizzlies 99-122 Phoenix Suns
- Los Angeles Lakers 128-97 Golden State Warriors