NBA Roundup: Brooklyn star duo outduels the Clippers power duo in win on Sunday
Kyrie Irving also got 28 points with eight assists as the Nets successfully completed a five-game road trip. They also improved to 7-0 against the Pacific Division this season.
Joe Harris, DeAndre Jordan, and Bruce Brown all tallied 13 points each for the Nets while Jordan also grabbed 11 rebounds and recorded four blocks.
Brooklyn’s Kevin Durant (hamstring) did not feature as he missed his fourth straight game. The Nets lost forward Jeff Green with an apparent shoulder injury after a collision with Clippers guard Patrick Beverley with 2:50 remaining.
The Clippers forward Paul George had 34 points and seven rebounds but sat out the game’s crucial minutes down the stretch, possibly because he was on a minutes restriction.
Kawhi Leonard added 29 points with five 3-pointers and 13 rebounds, while Ivica Zubac finished with 13 points and eight rebounds.
With 1:53 left, Leonard’s two free throws sliced the Nets’ lead to 107-103 but after a free throw by Jordan gave Brooklyn a five-point advantage, a 3-pointer by Lou Williams, and two more foul shots by Leonard tied the score at 108-all with 28.6 seconds left.
Jordan tipped in an Irving miss with 11 seconds remaining for a 110-108 lead.
Leonard committed an offensive foul with 8.1 seconds on the clock before Harden sealed the win with two free throws with 7.3 seconds remaining.
Sunday night’s NBA results
- Brooklyn Nets 112 – 108 Los Angeles Clippers
- Boston Celtics 115 – 120 New Orleans Pelicans (OT)
- Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 110 Toronto Raptors
- Denver Nuggets 115 – 123 Atlanta Hawks
- Sacramento Kings 115 – 128 Milwaukee Bucks
- Minnesota Timberwolves 99 – 103 New York Knicks
- Detroit Pistons 96 – 105 Orlando Magic
- Oklahoma City Thunder 117 – 101 Cleveland Cavaliers