#EndSARS: Adesua Etomi joins in demanding conditions that IGP must meet
Nigerians have united and are demanding their civil rights. These are their conditions to IGP Adamu after the dissolution of SARS.
The demands include:
- Immediate release of all arrested protesters
- Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families
- Setting up an independent body to oversee the investigation & prosecution of all reports of police misconduct (Within 10days)
- In line with the new Police Act, psychological evaluation & retraining (to be confirmed by an independent body) of all disbanded SARS officers before they can be redeployed
- Increase police salary so that they are adequately compensated for protecting the lives and property of citizens
Actress Adesua Etomi joined many Nigerians to share the demand by Nigerian youths. Captioning her post, Etomi who is the wife of Nigerian musician Banky W, writes: This is our response to the IG. Pls, repost. #Endsars #endpolicebrutalityinnigeria #reformthenigerianpolice
See more reactions on Twitter below…
— NATURAL HAIR & SKIN CARE (@rynabeautyng) October 12, 2020
— JJ. Omojuwa (@Omojuwa) October 12, 2020
Our Demand is loud and Clear!
Immediate release of all arrested protesters!
Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families.
— #NotTooYoungToRun (@YIAGA) October 12, 2020